Monday, June 8, 2015

1st Sea Day on the Disney Magic 6-7-15



Good morning from the Disney Magic!

To start off I can’t believe I forgot to mention that Michael and I play Bingo each cruise.  Michael made us some new t-shirts so I’ll have to post a picture.  I won the second game of Bingo and won $110!  I was asked how much Bingo cards are, so I’ll get the information on that when I play Bingo again.

There is a lot on the schedule this morning as we have a full agenda happening.  First Elaine went up and got our wristband for our limited edition Norway pins.  There are two different pins.  You can pick them up anytime in the next couple of days.  You are limited to 2 pins each per style per stateroom.  There is an Anna and Elsa Pin and then a Mickey Pin.

Our meet and greet with the princesses is at 9:45 a.m. in the atrium.  First we get to see my “friend” Rapunzel.  Rapunzel said to give Jamie a hug (my daughter Jamie knows Rapunzel.)  Then we see Cinderella and Belle.  Those were the three princesses that were out this morning.  Once again, for those asking about tickets for the Princess Gathering and Anna, Elsa and Olaf as well as Marvel Meet n' Greet, they are super easy to get.  On the front page of your "Welcome Aboard Navigator" in the right column it tells you exactly what to do....but here is a recap.  Get on the ship.  Go directly to the Port Adventure desk.  Ask them for tickets.  They will give you a time and date for each one.  Each stateroom only needs one ticket.  If they tell you a time that doesn't work in your schedule just tell them you need a different time.  That's it.  Then just show up for your time. If you don't have a ticket, they won't let you go through the line.  Tickets are distributed until life boat drill.





We go straight from the Princess gathering to Animator’s Palate.  Got there about 10:10, so Davey had us wait 5 minutes before we could go in.  First we saw Anna and Elsa. They would like some chocolate, as they love chocolate.  I told them I would bring them some soon.  Then we got to see Olaf (he is separate from Anna and Elsa), Olaf has been in the heat a little too long.  Some of his snow must have melted as he is thinner than I remember.  He was really cute.




Next it is 10:30, so we have to hurry to the Castaway Club Celebration for the Platinum and Gold Members.  It is in Fathom’s and O’Gills.  There are 600 Platinum and Gold onboard this sailing. There are 2,200 guests on this sailing.  Commodore Tom is quite excited to be Captain for these sailings as he is from Norway.  He even told jokes.  We got our rice krispy treats on the way out.  Had a chance to visit with some of the DCL executives who are on board.

Immediately after that we had 12 noon Palo Brunch scheduled, so Elaine, Michael and me headed up to Palo.  Andrea is our server.  I can’t believe my friend Silvio, the head chef did not postpone his vacation for one week so he could sail with me.  Guess I will have to see if Enton, the head chef will make me my favorite salmon dish at dinner later in the week.  There are some new items on the brunch menu including a Peach Souffle for dessert that was excellent.  The cheese is 70 pounds and has black truffle in it.  It was yummy!

The 70 pounds of cheese with black truffle


The peach souffle


Alvin and me....



By now it is going on 3 p.m.  Elaine has some laundry to do and I decide to watch Cars on tv and take a nap.  I must have been tired, as I missed Bingo with Michael at 4 p.m.

Headed to the Walt Disney Theater for Twice Charmed at 6:30 p.m.  The new cast is excellent.  There were technical difficulties during the show three times.  They had to stop the show and then finally decided not to use the front lift for the remainder.  (The front lift was not closing up from the stage making it dangerous for the performers.  Don’t want them to fall into the orchestra pit).  By the way, I used to report about the popcorn bucket for sale for $7.50 or so and then refills were $3.50 and you got 1 1/2 times the amount of popcorn.  However, they have new popcorn boxes that are really cute and have the Disney Magic theme.  They are the same size as the bucket.  So now, I retract my statement from previous trip reports and the update is, no need to purchase the bucket anymore to get more bang for your buck, that is unless, of course, you want the souvenir bucket to take home.

Since it is formal night, it is the Captain’s Reception.  Many families are dressed up for the occasion.  I would say that probably half of the guests are dressed up and half are not.  Commodore Tom visits with us for a few minutes after he is done with his pictures.  He is dressed very nicely in his dark uniform and even wearing the white gloves.

Dinner is in Carioca’s tonight.  There are some new options on the menu that have a Norway flair.  Michael has a mint smashed pea dish.  He loves it.  I think it tastes like mint flavored toothpaste.  But, wanted to share a picture LOL


Dinner is over.  It is 10:30 and it is still light outside.  We head over to Fathom’s for the adult show of Hector Is Magic.  He is from Spain.  He does some really cool things with his hands making them into different characters on a white screen.  His magic tricks were good.  Most I have seen before by other performers.

After that it is going on midnight so headed off to do my blog from the day before and get caught up on some things.

Here are some of the things that went on today that we did not participate in:

Welcome to Norway speaker presentation in the Buena Vista Theater at 10:45 a.m.
Stavanger and Alesund-speaker presentation in Fathom’s at 2:30 pm.
Jack Jack’s Diaper Dash 11:30 a.m. in the atrium
Bingo 4:15 p.m.
Art of the Theme Show Tour 9:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.
Cognac tasting seminar 10:30 p.m.
Animation class 2:00 p.m.

I never stepped outside today.  Michael went out on deck 9 right before noon.  He said the deck was empty.  But there were plenty of lifeguards out with their jackets, gloves and scarfs on!
I think that is the update for sea day.  Tomorrow is our first port of Stavanger.  Will give a report on our excursion, Lysefjord by Land and Sea.

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment