Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sea day - Bergen to Copenhagen June 12 2015

I have been longing for today!  A Sea Day!  Yippee!  Even though the internet is still quite slow, I hope to get caught up by tomorrow since we will be in Copenhagen.  If you are doing back to back cruises there is a free bus into Tivoli Gardens.  I figure if there isn't free internet access in the port terminal building, then I will head into the city and go across the street from Tivoli and use the internet at Starbucks.

Today the sun is actually shining and I feel some warmth.  There is still a little cool breeze, but boy, what a difference from earlier in the week.  There are actually lots of guests using the pool and the Aquadunk.

Tons of activities going on around the ship and character appearances are continuous.  Did you know the the Disney Magic has well over 100 different custom themed carpets?  There are over 27,000 signs, plaques and marquees.  That's more than double the number used in all of Disney's Adnimal Kingdom Theme Park.  And did you know that when you walk up the stairs between stateroom decks 6, 7 and 8 that you will notice a progression on the Disney Magic from rough animation to finished animation?  These are just a few of the iinteresting trivia facts about the magic.  I learn something new all the time.  You would think that since this is cruise #53, I would know all this information, but no, I learn something everytime I sail.

Commodore Tom does a signing at White Caps at 12:15 p.m. if you need any of your cruise memorbilia signed.

The speaker series with Historian Marvin Slind continues with a presentation on Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen.

Michael has saved up all his funds to win the final jackpot.  It is about $4,000.  Michael purchases all these machines.  However, his Bingo luck did not come through, as he did not win any of the sessions.  Either did I, but I have 3 more cruises to go!  Yes it's true, he has 6 Bingo for Dummy machines....LOL



After Bingo we head off to one of the concierge suites with friends before they depart the Disney Magic for home.  By the way, we know a few people getting off tomorrow, so our room has become a gift giving center.  We now have our own liquor store (and I don't drink); chips, popcorn, gifts to give to some new guests coming on board and many other miscellaneous items.  Our stateroom host must think we are both a bunch of boozers.  Hopefully, Bob and Lee, Bob and Dale, Pete and Faith; Bill and Liz and Janis will be able to enjoy some of these "gifts".  (hopefully I didn't forget anyone, we have so many coming and going I can't keep track of whose coming and when).  At this point I am playing it cruise by cruise.

We head to the Walt Disney Theater right at 6 p.m. when the doors open to get our seat for Disney Dreams.  I will just say a couple of things about the new show:  First, get there early.  Second, do not sit any lower than about the 8th to 10th row, if you do you will miss some of the spectacular things that occur during the new show because you will be sitting too low in the theater.  Third, the new costuming is fantastic.  I don't want to spoil what changes there are but they are artistically incredible.  Love, love, love the new show.  Can't wait to see if again next week.  I would tell you my favorite part, but then I don't want to put the spoiler in here and ruin it for all of you cruising in the next month.  So, you will just have to wait and see.

After that it is time for our final dinner in Animator's Palate and we are doing the Drawn to Magic Show tonight.  We have great seats to see the show and have a great time with our dining team.








My drawing is the 3rd from the left.  As you can tell, I will never be an artist, but I love this show and how our drawings come to life.



We are guest animators:  Linda "54" (the number of cruises I have been on; MKK for Michael and Elaine with the Mickey ears.  We are famous! (in our own minds)


Picture with our server who is the best, Willy


Our head server Luis being silly, as usual


Our serving team:  Willy, Luis and Stilyan


Our farewell picture (well until the next time!)


After dinner, we head off to Til' We Meet Again.  First time that I have not seen Peter and Ann Marie out.  The entertainment cast did an amazing job.  Can't wait to see them on the next cruise!

Then, since everyone has their luggage in the hallway, I decide maybe it is a good time to do laundry.  Good decision.  Not a soul in the laundry room and I am able to get my laundry done pronto and one more thing to take off my list for tomorrow of things I have to do.

It is now 2 a.m. in the morning.  I have been trying to get pictures posted on my travel blogs and use up my internet.  I purchased the 1000 MB's and I am only at 800.  I actually have 1050 because I got the free 50 MB's on day one.  After posting pictures, which takes forever, I still have 120 MB's left, so I will see if I have any faster service in the morning when I get up to post the rest of my pictures.

Well, for now, it is goodnight from the Disney Magic!

1 comment:

  1. We have had Luis for a head server before and really enjoyed him coming by the table each night.

    How exciting it must be to have multiple back to back cruises with new friends and old friends coming and going.

    ReplyDelete